I am a conference producer with MARKETING-INTERACTIVE (find me on LinkedIn here). Over the past decade, I have worked as a journalist covering private equity and venture capital activity in Asia, interviewed CFOs in Singapore and Hong Kong, reported on sporting events across Southeast Asia and worked as a copywriter at an international PR firm servicing IR teams and corporate spokespersons.
Since I left India in 2000 (I have lived in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Hong Kong), I have developed a global perspective yet I have strong networks across Asia – a region that I continue to learn more about everyday.
Some of my work
- I helped a senior Investor Relations professional respond to a Bloomberg Businessweek article, The ESG Mirage, with How the pursuit of a better ESG rating drove ENN Energy forward
- I worked with a Cambodia-based communications executive and LinkedIn Creator come up with 5 posts per week that regularly reached more than 2,000 impressions per post
- I helped write compelling sponsored articles after scouring through quarterly, annual and ESG reports for Ping An Health, China’s leading healthcare platform
- I have written social media posts, press releases, speeches, suggested responses for press interviews, helped improve countless slide decks, penned award-winning essays and more for 20+ clients across the Greater China region
- I was a staff writer at Asian Venture Capital Journal, a leading news platform and conference organizer for Asia’s private equity sector, where I wrote 300 articles in just over 150 days interviewing more than 140 people in nearly eight months
- Some of the articles I wrote focused on a wide variety of topics such as how a Chinese VC transplanted itself to Kuala Lumpur, how the Sino-India technology split arose out of misinformation and could ultimately see Indian start-ups lose a lot of value-additive capital and I analysed the ambitious (yet unclear) gameplan for Facebook-backed Jio Platforms
- When I was at journalism school at HKU, I looked into why elderly Chinese from the Northeast migrate like snowbirds during the winter and I profiled a Chinese imam in Hong Kong
I have also written for Corporate Treasurer, Quartz, Hong Kong Free Press and Fox Sports Asia. In 2015, I went back to India, backpacked for nearly a year and then set up the corporate communications department at an Indian P2P start-up managing a team of seven individuals. I am a kind, helpful and hardworking individual who elevates teams.
I studied economics at the National University of Singapore and I completed a master’s programme in journalism at the University of Hong Kong.
I speak English, Hindi, Tulu, Kannada and a smattering of Chinese and Indonesian. I would like to learn Cantonese and Chinese in the coming decade.
In the past, I was a storyteller in Hong Kong and I was also a screenwriter and executive producer at an indie production house in Singapore.
Get in touch
Please do connect with me on LinkedIn for any further queries